TCS Complete Recruitment Process
This article gives detailed information on TCS Off-Campus Drive for a freshers job opportunity as Associate System Engineer. Students who have graduated/will graduate to obtain B.E/B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA degrees from all over India are welcome to apply for this job role. In this article, you will understand how to apply for TCS Off-Campus Drive, Test Pattern, Syllabus, and candidate experience.
About the Company- TCS
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is a software services consulting company headquartered in Mumbai, India established in the year 1968. TCS is the largest provider of information and business process outsourcing services in Asia.
TCS has offices in 46 countries with more than 142 branches across the globe. TCS is a flagship subsidiary of one of India’s largest and oldest conglomerate company, the Tata Group, which has interests in areas such as energy, telecommunications, financial services, manufacturing, chemicals, engineering, materials, government, and healthcare.
Founder: J. R. D. Tata, F. C. Kohli
CEO: Rajesh Gopinathan
Headquarters: Mumbai, India
TCS for 2021 Pass-Outs | Recruitment Process
The TCS for 2021 Pass-Outs is for developer or Trainee Engineer.
TCS is hiring freshers in the name of TCS for an Associate developer or Trainee Engineer Role.
TCS Ninja package for freshers is 3.36 – 3.6 LPA.
Job Location: Across India Offices
Interview Location: Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Chennai, Delhi-NCR, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Vizag
TCS Off-Campus Drive – Eligibility Criteria
- B.E / B.Tech in any discipline (CSE/ECE/IT/EEE/TELECOM/EI).
- M.Sc graduates in Computer Science & Information Technology can apply.
- The graduation should be a Full-Time course recognized by the Central/State government of India. (No Part-Time/Correspondence course)
- A candidate must have a minimum of 60% marks in graduation. In case your college follows the CGPA system, either multiply it by 10 or calculate percentage using the university’s guidelines.
- A candidate should not have any pending backlogs at the time of appearing for TCS Off-Campus Drive Process.
- A candidate must have more than 60% marks in 10th and 12th (or diploma).
- A maximum gap of 1 year is permissible after HSC(12th) and not after SSC(10th) or in between semesters of graduation.
- Sometimes TCS has a minimum 70% marks requirement across the entire education but this criterion varies from college to college.
How to apply?
Freshers can apply for TCS Off-Campus Drive for a job opportunity as Train Engineer. Role Understand the Job Role, CTC, Service Agreement, Document required, and Recruitment policies here – TCS Recruitment Process
For applying directly to TCS Off-Campus Drive, it is required to fill up your details regarding your 10th, 12th, Graduation degree, and other relevant information. Keep a soft copy of your updated resume ready. Here are some ways to apply directly:
TCS Off Campus 2020 Registration Process | Step by step
Follow these below steps to apply for TCS National Qualifier Test 2020. Make sure you carefully go through each step and do it side by side.
Step1: Visit TCS careers
Visit TCS careers official website to apply for TCS Ninja hiring or Click here to visit the website.
Step2: Click on Register now
As shown in the above picture, click on the register now option. You will be redirected to TCS next step portal as shown below.
Click on this link to go to TCS Next step portal directly-https://nextstep.tcs.com/campus/
Step 3: Select IT (Information Technology)
Note: If you have wrongly created your profile under BPS, you will need to create your profile under ‘IT’ once again using your alternate email ID.
Step 4: Fill in the Registration form
Fill in your details like name, DOB, gender, email id, mobile number, YOP, qualification, test center location, password, and security question. Once you have filled in these details, click on submit button.
Note: Your registered email id and mobile number will be used by TCS for further communication regarding the interview process and results of TCS National Qualifier Test. So kindly fill in these details with utmost care. Also, you cannot change the Test Location once you have submitted the Form.
Step 5: Reference ID generation
The generated CT Reference ID and password will be emailed to your registered mail id.
Step 6: Login to TCS Next step using your credentials
Using the credentials sent to your email id, now login to next step portal again – https://nextstep.tcs.com/campus/
Step 7: Fill Application Form (Click on Application Form from the side menu)
Step 8: Fill up your Personal Details
Step 9: Fill up Academic and Work Experience Details
Step 10: Fill up Other Details
Step 11: Application form Preview & Declaration
Check the application form details once again and agree to the declaration. Once you click on submit the application form, you will see a pop up asking if you want to apply for the drive.
Step 12: Download the Application Form
As a final step of TCS Next step registration, you can download the submitted application as a pdf.
Step 13: Apply for the drive
Once done, make sure you apply for the drive. This is the last step to register for TCS National qualifier test. Yet it the most important step of all. Without this, your application will not be considered.
As soon as your application is done, log out of the NextStep portal. Now login again and you will find the ‘Apply for drive’ option on the left-hand side menu.
TCS Placement Papers, Test Pattern, Syllabus
Previous year TCS Placement Papers make your preparation for TCS placement interview easier. These TCS Placement Papers gives you an idea about the TCS Ninja test pattern, syllabus, and most expected questions.
TCS Recruitment Pattern
TCS Digital hiring process is as difficult as any other product company recruitment. Below is the TCS hiring process from previous years.
Round 1: TCS Online Test
Round 2: Technical Interview
Round 3: HR Interview
Round 1: TCS Online Test Pattern
Round 1 of TCS recruitment process is online which happens for a duration of 110 minutes. The TCS exam pattern for its online test is as given below.
TCS Exam Pattern Last Year
|Order of appearance||Section||Number of questions||Duration|
|2nd||Quantitative Aptitude||15||30 mins|
|3rd||Advanced Programming Logic||10||20mins|
|4th||Coding Ability Test||1||30 mins|
Both parts A and B are mandatory.
Round 2: TCS Technical Interview
If you perform well in the online test, then you will be called for an immediate round of technical interview. Questions in this technical interview will be based on your engineering background, but they would majorly focus on testing your passion and ability to code/build logic.
If you are from a CSE/ IT background, then you can expect questions from these subjects.
- Data Structures & Algorithms (Dynamic programming, backtracking, etc)
- Operating Systems
- Digital areas like the Internet of Things, Big Data & Analytics, Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, etc. (This is mandatory irrespective of the department you’re from)
Round 3: TCS HR Interview
The HR interview is the easiest of all. You just need to be confident and clear while expressing your thoughts in this interview.
Some of the questions that asked are:
- Tell us about yourself
- Why should we hire you?
- What skills in you makes you eligible for TCS Off Campus?
- What are your long-term goals?
- Would you be willing to relocate?
TCS Interview Questions | Technical and HR Rounds
TCS Interview Process is prepared such that the interviewer checks the in-depth knowledge of the candidate in the field from which he has graduated. The level of knowledge of the candidate and his motive to join TCS is analyzed through the TCS Interview Questions. The more TCS Interview Questions you go through more confidently you can attend the interview.
TCS Interview Process
The candidates who clear the first two rounds in the TCS Recruitment Process will be notified of the results and called for the final round – TCS Interview Question Round – Technical and HR. This article will focus on the TCS Interview Question and Process for both the rounds. Please note that if you don’t receive any notification about the Interview opportunity after the Online Assessment Test, you must contact your placement cell or follow up with the company via email or call.
TCS Technical Interview Questions
In TCS technical interview round, the questions will mostly be based on the following topics:
1) Core Subjects: You need to be very clear about subjects of your interest or subjects you have mentioned in the resume. Technical Interview questions will be purely based on those subjects.
TCS Technical Interview questions for CS students – since you are from IT background, you will be tested on your programming knowledge. A lot of CS students were asked questions on Computer Networks, DBMS, Software Management, Operation systems and Cloud Computing.
TCS Technical Interview questions for Non-CS students– Being from a non-CS background, you are expected to have basic programming knowledge. Non- CS students were asked to write down the code for simple programs. A few of them are:
- Swap two number without using a third variable
- Generate Fibonacci series starting from 0
- GCD of two numbers
- Check whether a number is palindrome or not
- Factorial of a number
- Check if the year is a leap year or not
- LCM of two number
2) Projects: You need to thoroughly know every detail about the projects you have mentioned in your resume. Students were asked to write down the logic or draw the circuit diagram as well.
TCS HR Interview Questions
TCS interview questions asked in the HR round are given below. Try to develop an answer for each of these questions. Do not by heart it. Rather list down all the points for each question. This will help you reduce the pressure during the interview.
- Tell me about yourself
- What do you know about TCS?
- What do you think is the biggest strength of TCS?
- What are your areas of interest?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Are you ready to work anywhere in India
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
- Are you willing to work in different shifts?
- Why TCS?
Important tips for TCS Interview
These are a must know things before you attend the TCS Interview process. Keep these in mind while you prepare.
1) Have a clear idea about everything you have written in your resume, especially projects.
2) Answer every question with confidence.
3) If you do not know the answer to any question (technical), it is better you tell the interviewer that you have no idea about that subject/concept.Never give a wrong answer assuming the interviewer has no idea about it.
4) Try to give a detailed answer to every question with examples.
5) Research about TCS and its products.
To Get Free TCS Recruitment Solution [Partial]
Video Solution + Study Materials + All Solved PDF + Tips and Tricks for Solution + HR/Technical Interview Experience
* Included following stuff inside the product [With Video Solution, Study Materials with Structural Syllabus, All Solved PDF, Tips and Tricks for Solution, HR/Technical Interview Experience]
- TCS Verbal English Reasoning test Question Answer Paper Sets –
- TCS Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning test Question Answer Paper Sets –
- TCS Programming Logic test Question Answer Paper Sets –
- TCS Coding Problem Automata test Question Answer Paper Sets –
- TCS Technical Interview Question Sets –
- TCS HR and MR Interview Question Sets –