Tech Mahindra Complete Recruitment Process
This article gives detailed information on Tech Mahindra Off-Campus Drive for a freshers job opportunity as Associate System Engineer. Students who have graduated/will graduate to obtain B.E/B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA degrees from all over India are welcome to apply for this job role. In this article, you will understand how to apply for Tech Mahindra Off-Campus Drive, Test Pattern, Syllabus, and candidate experience.
About the Company- Tech Mahindra
Tech Mahindra is a specialist in digital transformation, consulting and business re-engineering solutions. It is a USD 3.4 billion company with 95,300+ professionals across 51 countries. It is an Indian multinational provider of information technology (IT), networking technology solutions and business support services (BPO) to the telecommunications industry.
Part of the Mahindra Group, Tech Mahindra is a US$4.6 billion company with over 115,000 employees across 90 countries. It provides services to customers which include Fortune 500 companies. Tech Mahindra has 864 active clients as of June 2017.
Stock price: TECHM (NSE) ₹803.55 +16.30 (+2.07%)
22 Sep, 2:31 pm IST – Disclaimer
CEO: C. P. Gurnani (24 May 2012–)
Parent organization: Mahindra Group
Founder: Anand Mahindra
Subsidiaries: Mahindra Comviva, Cerium Systems (P) Ltd.
Tech Mahindra Off-Campus Drive- Recruitment Process
Positions: Associate System Engineer ASE
Salary: Rs 2.47 LPA on training and after completing the probationary period, 3.07 LPA.
Job Location: Across India Offices
Interview Location: Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Chennai, Delhi-NCR, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Vizag
Tech Mahindra Off-Campus Drive – Eligibility Criteria
- B.E / B.Tech in any discipline (CSE/ECE/IT/EEE/TELECOM/EI).
- M.Sc graduates in Computer Science & Information Technology can apply.
- The graduation should be a Full-Time course recognized by the Central/State government of India. (No Part-Time/Correspondence course)
- A candidate must have a minimum of 60% marks in graduation. In case your college follows the CGPA system, either multiply it by 10 or calculate percentage using the university’s guidelines.
- A candidate should not have any pending backlogs at the time of appearing for Tech Mahindra Off Campus Drive Process.
- A candidate must have more than 60% marks in 10th and 12th (or diploma).
- A maximum gap of 1 year is permissible after HSC(12th) and not after SSC(10th) or in between semesters of graduation.
- Sometimes Tech Mahindra has a minimum 70% marks requirement across the entire education but this criterion varies from college to college.
How to apply?
Freshers can apply for Tech Mahindra Off-Campus Drive for a job opportunity as Associate Systems Engineer. Understand the Job Role, CTC, Service Agreement, Document required and Recruitment policies here – Tech Mahindra Recruitment Process
For applying directly to Tech Mahindra Off-Campus Drive, it is required to fill up your details regarding your 10th, 12th, Graduation degree, and other relevant information. Keep a soft copy of your updated resume ready. Here are some ways to apply directly:
- You can check for available job positions throughTech Mahindra Career Website
- You can also look for Tech Mahindra walk-in jobs at Job Portals like Naukri.com, freshersworld.com etc.
Applying through Referral
Another way to apply for Tech Mahindra Off-Campus Drive is through employee referral which is an internal recruitment method employed by organizations to identify potential candidates from their existing employees’ social networks. An employee referral scheme encourages a company’s existing employees to select and recruit suitable candidates from their social networks. Tech Mahindra Employee referral is sometimes also known as “Buddy Referral” Program.
Ask within your connections to refer you as a potential employee in the “Buddy Referral” Program. Submit your major details such as Name, Marksheets, Resume. After submission, if your profile gets shortlisted, you will be intimated through call or email. Also, keep checking online for possible referrals.
Tech Mahindra Selection Process
If your resume gets shortlisted after applying to the Tech Mahindra Off-campus placement, you will be notified through call or email with details about the further process, date, time and center. Generally, the process undergoes the following rounds:
- Written Round
- Picture Perception/Story Writing
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
Tech Mahindra Placement Papers, Test Pattern, Syllabus
Previous year Tech Mahindra Placement Papers make your preparation for Tech Mahindra placement interview easier. These Tech Mahindra Placement Papers gives you an idea about the Tech Mahindra test pattern, syllabus, and most expected questions.
Tech Mahindra Recruitment Process and Test Pattern:
Tech Mahindra Placement Paper Syllabus
After applying for the Tech Mahindra Recruitment Process, a candidate undergoes 4 rounds, namely:
- Written Round
- Picture Perception/Story Writing
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
This article will now discuss each of these Rounds in detail,
Written Round – Tech Mahindra Aptitude Test
The first round in Tech Mahindra Recruitment Process is the written round which scores the employability skills of a candidate on the basis of their Mathematical aptitude, English Proficiency, and Communication Skills. A total of 75 questions will be asked in this round and the total time allotted for this section is 50 minutes. There is no sectional time limit for the sections. Also, there is no negative marking for any wrong answer. This test consists of 7 sections:
- English Language General 1
- English Language General 2
- English Language Comprehension
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Verbal Reasoning General
- Verbal Reasoning Paragraph
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
Total Number of Questions
Sectional Time Limit
1 mark per correct answer
The Tech Mahindra Written Test is designed to assess logical reasoning or thinking performance. The candidate is supposed to give a multiple choice test – the test will assess two main things, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Verbal and Communication ability. Verbal reasoning is understanding and reasoning using concepts framed in words. It aims at evaluating the ability to think constructively, rather than at simple fluency or vocabulary recognition.
Quantitative Ability questions consist of topics like series, algebra, time & work, time, speed & distance, arithmetic, percentages, probability, permutation & combination, profit & loss, HCF, LCM, geometry, etc. This section is of moderate level.
Verbal English questions consist of reading comprehension passages, basic grammar usage questions like fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, paragraph completion, sentence correction, vocabulary, sentence ordering etc.
The table below gives a detailed view of each section and the Tech Mahindra Test Pattern in the Tech Mahindra Aptitude Test:
Number Of Question
English Language General 1
Direct/Indirect Speech, Active/Passive Voice, Vocabulary
English Language General 2
Synonyms, Antonyms, Fill in the Blanks, Series, Sentence Completion
English Language Comprehension
Reading Comprehension – Read a paragraph and answer the questions that follow
Profit and Loss, Percentages, Time and Work, Time Speed and Distance, Geometry, Averages, Ages, Simple Interest and Compound Interest
Verbal Reasoning General
Series, Analogies, Blood Relations, Syllogism, Seating Arrangement, Cause and Effect
Verbal Reasoning Paragraph
Interpret a paragraph and answer questions based on logic
Mirror Images, Figure Matrix, Paper cutting, Pattern completion, Dot Situation, Embedded Images
After completing the Written Test, if a candidate’s score for all the separate sections is well above the cut-off, then as soon as you finish your test you will get a screen displaying your result and whether you cleared the round or not.
If you clear this round, you will be taken to the next part of Test i.e the Story Writing Test.
In this Round, you will be presented with a picture alone – without any text or context. Then, in a time duration of 15 Minutes, you are supposed to write a story based on the picture in not more than 200 words. This is an elimination round meaning if you clear this, you will be called for the Tech Mahindra Interview Process. While processing your storyline, always make sure the events are positive in nature because a negative perception can show the pessimistic nature of your thoughts. Moreover, make the story realistic and avoid complex or supernatural elements. Try to include points such as what led to the current situation, what is the present situation and what your character does to overcome the problem (if any).
Cut-Off to clear the Tech Mahindra Aptitude Test:
The Tech Mahindra Written Round has no sectional time limit but it does have a sectional cut-off i.e the scores for all the sections are calculated separately and those students who clear the cut-off in all the sections are shortlisted for the next round. i.e story writing followed by a face to face Interviews.
Tech Mahindra Interview Questions | Technical and HR Rounds
Tech Mahindra Interview Process is prepared such that the interviewer checks the in-depth knowledge of the candidate in the field from which he has graduated. The level of knowledge of the candidate and his motive to join Tech Mahindra is analyzed through the Tech Mahindra Interview Questions. The more Tech Mahindra Interview Questions you go through more confidently you can attend the interview.
Tech Mahindra Interview Process
The candidates who clear the first two rounds in the Tech Mahindra Recruitment Process will be notified of the results and called for the final round – Tech Mahindra Interview Question Round – Technical and HR. This article will focus on the Tech Mahindra Interview Question and Process for both the rounds. Please note that if you don’t receive any notification about the Interview opportunity after the Written Test, you must contact your placement cell or follow up with the company via email or call.
Tech Mahindra Interview Question – Technical and HR Round
This stage of the Tech Mahindra Placement Process is the final and deciding round for the candidate to prove his/her employability skills. This Tech Mahindra Interview Question Round takes place separately by two different panels. The candidate must project a good professional impression. This round takes place after the candidate clears the Written round i.e the Tech Mahindra Aptitude Round.
Tech Mahindra Interview Question – Technical Round
Tech Mahindra Technical Interview Questions – This round is for candidates who clear the Tech Mahindra Written Round. The candidate can expect Interview questions on any from the subject of study. Good subject knowledge is required to clear this round. The candidate should have the knowledge of Data structures, algorithms, DBMS, Operating System, Networking, OOPs concepts and a programming language of ones choice.Candidates from branches other than CS should prepare for subjects related to their branch. CS candidates will be tested on coding during the interview. The panel will also be asking questions from the resume, so one should be well prepared with what they have written in their CV. Questions related to puzzles are also asked in this round. Some common technical questions are mentioned below:
- What do you mean by 3NF in DBMS?
- What is the operating system?
- What is the difference between Java and C++?
- What is a pointer?
- Tell us more about pointer?
- Write about double linked list programs?
- What is Join in DBMS?
Tech Mahindra Interview Question – Tips for Technical Round
There is no hard and fast rule for what question will be asked in this round. You can expect any question as this depends entirely on the panel. We can give some insights on some of the Tech Mahindra Interview Question and answers for freshers:
- For Computer Science students, be prepared with Data Structure, Algorithms, DBMS, Operating System, Networking, OOPs concepts and a programming language of your choice.
- For other branch students, be prepared with at least 2 subjects from your branch.
- Your Resume, for the panel, is the most relevant data about you. Make sure you are aware of whatever you write on the resume as the panel will ask questions from that.
- The panel will also ask about your final year project (if any). Hence, it is important to be thoroughly aware of the same.
Tech Mahindra Interview Question – HR Round
For this round, there is no specific pattern, a candidate will have to answer questions based on his/her personal choice, there are no right answers or wrong answers, and it is basically to test ones personality. Confidence, patience, and a smile are the key to clearing this round. It is good to be aware of the most commonly asked questions but it is not advisable to learn the answers by heart. Take some tips but always frame your own answers. Some of the common questions asked are mentioned below:
- Tell us something about yourself.
- Which is your favorite subject and why?
- Why do you want to work for IBM?
- Would you be interested in joining any other company?
- Would you be comfortable working in shifts?
- What subjects have you done in your project?
Tech Mahindra Interview Question – Tips for HR Round
After the panel is done with asking Technical Question, the discussions will shift to your career plans and milestones, known as the HR Round.
To Get Free Tech Mahindra Recruitment Solution [Partial]
Video Solution + Study Materials + All Solved PDF + Tips and Tricks for Solution + HR/Technical Interview Experience
* Included following stuff inside the product [With Video Solution, Study Materials with Structural Syllabus, All Solved PDF, Tips and Tricks for Solution, HR/Technical Interview Experience]
- Tech Mahindra Written Test Section 1 (Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning) Solved Question Answers Paper Sets –
- Tech Mahindra Written Test Section 2 (Verbal English Reasoning) Solved Question Answers Paper Sets –
- Tech Mahindra Picture Perception (Story Writing) Question Answers Paper Sets –
- Tech Mahindra Proficiency Test (Group Discussion) Question Answers Paper Sets –
- Tech Mahindra Technical Interview and HR Interview Question Sets –